måndag 15 juni 2015

SELKIRK COMMON RIDING WEEKEND

What a weekend. I don't recall being this tires in ages! But I'm really happy. It's been a crazy good weekend. 

Friday
I woke up at 4 am after 3 hours sleep (I had left the blind open so it wouldn't be to hard to go up, but it was so bright so I woke up an hour earlier than needed) and right before 6 am I was a the square with a bunch of other people looking at the brass, flute and pipe band.
We marched through the town to pick up more people and then we walked over to the Town Hall were the leader (don't remember what he's called) recieved the flag.

After that we followed the band down to the river and saw the horses crossing over to start the ride. They're riding around the borders of Selkirk, been doing for around 400 years. We saw around 300 horses passing us. It used to be more up to around 600 horses but Health and Safety decided it was to dangerous so now only around 300 allowed. However, after the last one has crossed I headed over to have breakfast with Nielsen's.

An hour later we headed back out to follow the bands again further down the road to see the horses ride in again. We catched up with a few more friends and it was so much fun! It's not only adults riding, but children as well. Really cool. After that time for another walk up to the square for the 7 flag shows.









Back to Nielsen's for a BBQ and after that I went for a walk around the Haining with Christina.

We came back to my place took a 15 min nap and then headed over to hers. In the evening we headed down to the Shows (an Amusment Park but here they call it Shows.. don't get it). Oh my goodness I'm not used to rides anymore. I only went on one, haha.
After the rides over to Jess and Brian's house with the youth for another BBQ. I came home around 1 am. So only 21 hours of activity with a 15 minute nap. Not to bad... 

Satuday
My friends decided to go up to Edinburgh. So we did. Another early morning and more walking.
On the journey home I just collapsed and slept the whole way back. So nice! Came home and about an hour later I got picked up by them again to head in to Gala and see the Jurras World movie. IT WAS SO GOOD! Really enjoyed it.

Sunday: 
My plan was to only go to the church in the morning and then head home and take it easy and rest the whole day (since it's quite busy days ahead). But instead I endeed up going to the Sellers for lunch and then I joined them to Hope picknik and then back for tea at their place again (tea means dinner/supper here). So I came home at 9:50 pm. It was great fun!

Now I'm just waiting for the week to pass quite quickly and painfree to wensday evening, when I finally go on holiday. It won't be that much relaxing though. So full on for another 1 ½ week. With other words, non-stop for 3 weeks straight. But it's fun most of the time, so I'm not bothered by it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar